Local Schools Community Fund
In December 2019, all schools who applied under the Australian Government’s Local Schools Community Fund were notified as to the outcome of their application and we were very lucky to be successful in our application for a grant of $20,000! Our project is The Virtual Learning Classroom – moving through 2D into 3D Worlds. Winning this grant has meant we have been able to add resources, and make them available across the school, and to the wider community. Previously, access to this technology was limited to just a few students. We were able to purchase:
- Classroom set of mobile Oculus Quest All-in-one VR
- iPads to cast and share the VR experience
- Laser Cutter (Emblaser II) https://youtu.be/rsJt-SNZZjI
- and 3D Printer (Guider II) with a large print bed to go in the Library Makerspace
- 86’ Mobile Clevertouch screen with Chromebox to go into the Library shared space
We are very excited to start using this technology, exploring the ways our whole school and the wider community can begin to learn about, make use of, and experience 3D worlds!